Wikipedia Assignment Weeks 5 And 6
- Sign in to your Wikipedia account
- Edit your user page
- If you have not already created a USER PAGE, do so now (see handout).
- Click on the Edit tab.
- In the menu bar, click on Advanced.
- After any information currently in your page
- Type the words: Articles I might Work on. Highlight them and make them a header of level 2
- Click the box that says "minor edit"
- Save your results.
- Review the handout about how to select a topic.
- Review this list of suggested pages
- Return to editing your user page. Under the heading, click on the numbered list button. Then click on the link button. Then type the name of a page you might edit in the boxes. Save.
- Type on the next line, a few words about what kind of work you might do on the page. Then, select this text and click the indent button. Then highlight the entire line and click indent again.
- Check to make sure your page link works. When you get back to the page in the question, WATCH it.
- Repeat for a few more topics. You must have at least five. Instructor will comment on choices, may rule some out, and may suggest alternatives. Final article selection subject to instructor approval.
- You should end up with something like this
|== Possible Projects ==
:: I'll add better references and update biography
# [[Max Weber]]
::I will put the truth in the article, with footnotes!