Q164. Sketch a flowchart that represents the logic of setting up a Schelling "tipping model":
To Create Schelling Model
- Set up the model.
- Run the model until everyone is content to stay where they are.
To Set Up
- Start with an NxN grid.
- Identify a number of type A residents and a number of type B residents such that A+B is less than N2.
- Randomly place As and Bs on grid.
To Run the Model
- For each resident, evaluate move/stay choices
- For each resident, find new location for all those that choose move.
To Evaluate choice
- Identify the resident
- Count all neighbors
- Count similars
- Compute ratio
- If larger than threshold, mark as stay, otherwise mark as move
- Select a random square
- If empty, move there. Otherwise try again.