Q53. Practice constructing network survey instrument ("by hand"), administering and recording data.
- Sketch out (paper and pencil mode) a brief network questionnaire that includes
- Respondent name and a few demographics (e.g., sex and age)
- List of R's "confidantes"
- For each confidante we want to collect a bit of demographic info (e.g., sex and age)
- For each confidante we want to know whether R has particular activity tie (e.g., have you had dinner in the last week).
- Construct a grid that will let you record R's answers to whether for each pair of confidantes she has Xd with the two.
- Construct a grid that will let you record R's assessment of whether a particular relationship exists between each pair of confidantes.