Before First Class
Look over the following problems. Each represents a necessary skill for understanding linear programing. Make sure you are completely confident that you can do all of these before proceeding.
1. Plot the following points: (3,2), (5,5), (1,0), (0,3)
2. Plot the equation $y = 2x + 1$.
3. If a line passes through (2,3) and (5,4), write its equation in $y=mx+b$ form.
4. Plot the equation $2y - 4x = 2$.
5. Plot the equation $y > 3$.
6. Plot the equation $x \le 4$.
7. Plot the equation $y > 2x + 1$.
8. Consider the inequality $x \ge y - 4$. Rearrange it so that y is on the left and x on the right.
9. Shade the area containing points for which the following inequalities hold:
$y > 3$, $x \le 5$, $x \ge 2y - 3$.
Before Second Class
Stokey and Zeckhauser problems in Excel.