Quantitative Integrity: does my visualization represent the information in the data?
Communicative Integrity: does the received information represent to transmitted information?
Political Integrity: is the filtering effected by my ideology and political commitments transparent?
- The five basic types of chart
- From infographic to live trace (experiment interface, data UI, raw data real time UI)
- The range of tools
- Generating statistics - from raw data to summary figures
- Influences: Tufte, Huff, Monmonier, Minard,
- 1d,1.5d, 2d, 2.5d, 3d, 4d diagrams
- Menagerie of diagrams
- Vintage infographics (see https://thesocietypages.org/graphicsociology/)
- Kieran Healy and James Moody. "Data Visualization in Sociology"
Measurement: precision, accuracy, reliability, validity
Sampling, sampling on DV
%ing in the right direction
Distributions shapes and characterizations.
World finding out conceptualization empirical making sense of data Kant cause effect correlation
Signal to noise ratio
Theory of information Shannon