Can innovation be managed? Can managers encourage or facilitate innovation? Does innovation run counter to standard best practices? Why are some organizations more innovative than others? Does it take the same thing to be an innovative organization in private sector, non-profit sector, and government sector environments? In this module we will try to draw some contrasts between conventional organizational behavior and innovation with a focus on lessons from innovative entities that shake up how we usually think about running an organization.
- Amabile, TM. 1988. A model of creativity and innovation in organizations. Research in Organizational Behavior, 10: 123-167.
- Innovation Management.se
- The Innovative Organization at UCB Center for Executive Education
- Mohr, L.B. (1969) ‘Determinants of Innovation in Organizations’, American Political Science Review, 63(1), pp. 111–126. doi: 10.1017/S0003055400261510.
- Teller, Astro. "How to Drive Innovation Inside Organizations" (video)
- Teller, Astro. 2016. "Systematize Innovation" (video)
- Teller, Astro. "Astro Teller Interview - Astro Teller's Top 10 Rules For Success" (video)
- (see also DJR Class notes: Teller Video Workshop)