Team structure and projects to intertwine throughout? Small part of each meeting?
Seeds of Innovation
- history, failed innovations, seeing opportunity, cognitive biases, social, private, process, product; why is innovation not more common? why hard?
- Understand the relationship between invention and innovation, incremental innovation and disruptive innovation.
- We will learn how to recognize significant problem opportunities
- Recognize and work with cognitive biases related to innovation.
Dynamics of Innovation
- tipping points, disruption, chasm, network externalities, islands,
- Understand the dynamics of innovation diffusion and how they can be influenced.
Execution of Innovation
- failure, pivoting, design thinking, rapid prototyping, letting the world speak, teams, iteration, structured collaboration
- Cultivate empathy as a tool of design and innovation.
- Learn techniques for creative listening, collaboration, and iteration.
- Make good use of failures (our own failures and those in the historical record)
- Adopt a mindset of early prototyping, testing, and iteration.
Organization of Innovation
- sequence, team, roles, incentives, organizations
- Understand better ways to locate innovation within an organization.
Assessment of Innovation
- RWW, organizational readiness, managing ongoing innovation,
- Learn to strategically evaluate innovations.
Case Study Inserts