Due to low enrollment, the scheduled PPOL225, "Simulation and Modeling for Social and Policy Sciences" will not be offered spring 2017.
I will NOT be available to do the course as an independent study due to high time commitment with other courses. The syllabus from last year is here if you are interested in pursuing the material on your own. You might be interested in MGMT 282, Modeling and Data Analysis, MGMT 232, Operations Management, or MGMT 247, Project Management, each of which touches on at least a few concepts and skills that are cousins to those of PPOL225. The course may be offered during academic 2017-18, subject to staffing and scheduling contingencies.
Some online resources that cover some of the material in PPOL225 (note: these are NOT available for independent study credit with me this spring):
- Model Thinking by Scott Page of UMich (Coursera)
- Modeling and Simulation Using Matlab (Iversity online course)
- Modeling Discrete Optimization (Coursera)
- Fundamentals of Quantitative Modeling (Coursera)
- Agent-Based Modeling in Netlogo (Santa Fe Institute)