- Obtain from Mills library five books related to topic(s) under consideration.
- Ideally you will find them by physically perusing the stacks, possibly starting from an "anchor" call number that you have looked up in the catalog
- Two of the books should be substantive — that is, about the topic itself, not the sociology or anthropology OF the topic
- Compile a five item annotated bibliography with citations in asa-style and annotations on the order of a few sentences (~50 words)
- "Read" one of these books (favor substantive, but pick the one that's most interesting) and write a two page synopsis/overview.